Get 4-H News through Text Messages with Remind
Many school districts already use a free program/app called Remind (http://www.remind.com). Jackson County 4-H is going to start using it too. With Remind, schools (in this case, Jackson County 4-H) house classrooms (clubs and project groups) where teachers (4-H leaders and volunteers) can share information with students (4-H members) and their families. Members and families opt in, meaning that they choose which classroom(s) to sign up for.
If you would like to receive text reminders about upcoming 4-H programs and activities, here are the lists that are available now.
- JC4H – All (Class Code: jc4hall)
- JC4H – Club Leaders (Class Code: 4Hclblead)
- JC4H – Project Leaders (Class Code: 4Hprojlead)
To sign up, you can:
- Download the Remind app, sign up for an account, and enter the Class Code to join.
- Or just text to “81010” with “Class Code” in the message.
Make sure to check with your club, project or other group leader about whether they will be starting a “class.” Or you might be more comfortable with the technology and could consider volunteering to take the lead.
Remind will not replace all other forms of communication. Here’s the plan:
- Newsletters – quarterly (instead of the current bi-monthly schedule)
- Bi-weekly emails will continue
- Web page – We will be revamping and updating it in the coming months.
Remind is one tool in what we believe will be a stronger communication system that reaches more Jackson County 4-H families as well as other community youth interested in our programs. Please don’t hesitate to contact Sarah Tanis (email@example.com) at the UW-Extension office (715-284-4257) you have questions or need help getting signed up.