Full Board Meeting – November 13th 5:30pm
at Jackson County UW-Extension
Current Board Officers
President – John Ross
Past President – Janice McFarlane
Vice President – Natalie Cogswell
Secretary – Kathy Zipfel
Treasurer (non-board position) – Kathryn Nachreiner
Association Guiding Documents
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- November 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- November 2015
- October 2015
- Project Grants – Project groups have the opportunity to apply for project funds to support educational activities for youth members. Use this document as guidelines for how to apply.
- Funding Support Pre-Approval Form – Use this form to obtain pre-approval for expenses related to youth member or volunteer travel expenses
- Check Request Form (approved Sept 2012) – Use this form for reimbursement of expenses approved by the Executive Board
- Payment Plan Agreement – (approved Nov 2013) – Use this form to set up a payment plan (if needed) for member and volunteer expenses that are not reimbursable by the Executive Board.
- Confidential Activity Scholarship Requests – If youth members or adult volunteers need financial support to participate in a 4-H activity, they may confidentially contact Monica Lobenstein, 4-H Youth Development Agent, Jackson County UW-Extension.
- Care to Share Form – Word | PDF – Offers Jackson County 4-Hers to describe the issue, explain why it’s a problem, suggest a solution and submit it for consideration. All completed forms must include a possible solution and a member, leader or parent signature. Forms are submitted to Monica Lobenstein, 4-H Youth Development Agent, who then forwards it to the appropriate group for consideration.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who are the members of the 4-H Parents and Leaders’ Association?
Membership in the Parents and Leaders’ Association is extended to two adult 4-H leaders and one youth leader (grade 9 & over) from each Jackson County 4-H Club.
What is the purpose of the 4-H Parents and Leaders’ Association?
The purpose of the 4-H Parents and Leaders’ Association is to enhance and support UW-Extension 4-H Youth Development Programs at the local, county, and state level.
What are 4-H Parents and Leaders’ Association Meetings?
The Parents and Leaders’ Association meetings are the place where policies about 4-H in Jackson County are discussed and made. Current initiatives in the 4-H program, leader opportunities and member opportunities are discussed at meetings. The Parents and Leaders’ Association develops the program direction of Jackson County 4-H.
The goals of the 4-H Parents and Leaders’ Association are to keep youth interested, encourage participating beyond the club level in county activities, events and programs, increase parental involvement, make the county fair educational and fun, promote positive self-esteem, and encourage active attendance at leaders’ meetings. The Parents and Leaders’ Association promotes the goals and objectives of UW-Extension 4-H Youth Programs.
Why should you be involved in the 4-H Parents and Leaders’ Association?
As a member of the Parents and Leaders’ Association you can:
- Provide guidance and direction for the Jackson County 4-H Program
- Be a role model for 4-H youth
- Develop new leadership skills
- Aid in fundraising for and financial accountability of the Parents and Leaders’ Association
- Make decisions that affect the lives of youth in the Jackson County 4-H Program
- Serve as a link of communication between the Parents and Leaders’ Association and your 4-H Club
- Meet other leaders from across Jackson County
- Have access to up-to-date leader resources and trainings
- Share ideas that aid continual development of the Jackson County 4-H program
- Show support for 4-H Youth Development Program and education
- Become a registered 4-H leader covered under our liability insurance policy
- Have a voice in the 4-H Program!
For more information, please contact Kathryn Nachreiner at firstname.lastname@example.org or 715.299.1633