Recycling Ag Plastics…
Efforts are underway to explore ways to create local collection and/or bailing sites for silo bag plastic in Jackson/Trempealeau counties. These counties need your input. Please respond to the questions at the link below:
Thank you for your feedback!
2016 Wisconsin Safe Operation of Tractor & Ag Machinery Certification Program
Dates/Times of program: June 21-23, 2016, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Tuesday – Thursday)
Location: Black River Falls High School agriculture room (use the greenhouse door)
Instructors: Trisha Wagner, Brad Markhardt & Tom Dobbs
Youth that should attend:
- any youth 12-16 years of age who will be operating tractors or self-propelled implements of husbandry on a public road under direction of their parent or guardian for work related to their family farm operation.
- any youth 14-15 years of age who will be employed or working without pay on a farm other than their family farm.
- any youth 12 years of age or older that desires tractor and machinery safety instructions.
Parent or guardian is asked to be present for the first 20 minutes on
June 21st to know program requirements.
Students should also bring:
– an emergency phone number
– $25.00 per participant (cash or checks payable to UW Extension)
– alert the instructors of any special needs of the youth(s)
– students will need to bring their own lunch each day
– no sandals!
The Jackson County Agriculture now has a page on Facebook.
Name: Jackson County UW-Extension Agriculture
Related Links of Interest:
- 2010 Custom Rates Guide
- UW – Extension Agriculture Program Teams
- UW – Extension Agriculture & Natural Resources
If you have any questions regarding Agriculture in Jackson County, please contact:
Jackson County – UW Extension
227 S 11th Street
Black River Falls, WI 54615
Phone: 715-284-4257 Extension 504